.

Friday, August 20, 2010

purity on tv

The focus at church this week is purity. I've tried to be careful about what I've watched on tv. I've had my eyes opened to a new level on what is impure. Well, today I had some free time and I saw there was a movie on the civil rights movement. It was an old movie so I felt secure it wouldn't have any impurity in it. The movie wasn't bad but after the movie was over I let the credits roll because I liked the music and started to straighten up the house. All of a sudden this commercial comes on and flashes pictures of male actors and asks "who do you fantasize about?"

I promptly replied, "my husband!" and turned off the tv before anymore could pass by my eyes.

No wonder the divorce rate is so high today. If we fantasize about actors, we are holding our spouses to an unrealistic expectation. Believe me when I say that not even the actors are that way in real life.

Let's get our heads out of the books and turn away from the tv screen and turn toward our husbands. Tell your husband today how grateful you are for him. How wonderfully made by God he is. And remember when he is imperfect, so are you. I mean really, I am no more of a picnic to live with than my husband is. I thank God for my husband. He is an amazing, thoughtful, loving man.

Who do I fantasize about? My husband! And he is so much better than a fantasy!

No comments: