.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Beautiful Things

I heard a new song in church today that touched and inspired me and I thought I would share. It's called Beautiful Things. The chorus repeats "you make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of dust. You make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of US."

Here's why I love this song. I am anything but beautiful. I'm getting better, but Jesus is really what is beautiful. But i listen to this song and I think back on my life. I remember with guilt and pain all the times I was far less than beautiful. All the times I was downright ugly and dirty. I was deceptive or hateful, seemingly without character, and full of sin. I mean, I seriously can look back at my life through the years, especially my younger years and see dirt and grime. The Lord hates sin and if sin makes us ugly, at times, I was horrifying. And then I look at where I am now. And I am brought to my knees in tears, and gratefulness. Because, if God had just looked at me and seen someone who was ugly and couldn't be used, that's where I would have stayed. But he looked at me and saw a beautiful diamond and decided I was worth the effort.

He began His great work in me. And today, I have a life I never thought was possible. And, although I am far from perfect, I can see where God is making me beautiful. He makes me new! He has been washing off the dirt, chipping away the things that needed to come off, tearing down walls and burning away chaffe. He has a lot of work still to do but I am so very grateful that when He looked at me so many years ago, He saw me as He intended...beautiful. I am so thankful that He makes me new and in spite of myself, can still make me beautiful.

If Christ can take someone like me and make me new and beautiful, He can do the same with you!

No comments: