.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Light of the World

I was reading in my devotional Praying the Names of Jesus and I am on Light of the World. After thinking and praying on this I thought about light and darkness.
John 8:12
I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

I thought back to junior high when my mom finally took me to the eye doctor for glasses. When I picked up my glasses and went outside I was just amazed! Everything was so bright! Colors were far more vivid than I had remembered, trees actually had separate leaves. It was as if I was seeing the world for the very first time. I thought I had seen it before but it was far more beautiful and detailed and lovely than I had ever seen before.

I believe that is what it is like when we allow the Light of the World to come into our lives. It's like we were seeing life all distorted and cloudy as if under water and then the light come into our life and we see everything so differently, so much better.

I am so thankful for the light. The light is just amazing. The Lord is faithful to give us new sight. I cannot wait to see what the future holds and I cannot wait until His return and I am given new eyes and see a world far different from what I've ever seen.

No comments: