.

Monday, November 10, 2008

end of a season

The season has ended. Since the beginning of september there has been a whirlwind of football practices three times a week and 2 games on Saturdays. We have spent every Saturday on the football field in the sun with the kids. It has been so much fun watching Chris as he learns more about the game and gets better with each practice and game. It has been amazing watching Ken coaching and growing with each passing week.

The season grew even busier for playoffs with several games throughout the week, practices whenever we could fit them in and four games this past Saturday. Our last game for Christopher's team was well fought today. He even caught what we were all sure would be the game winning touchdown in the last two minutes of the game. Unfortunately our quarterback finished the game in the last few seconds by throwing an interception that was returned for a touchdown and we lost.
But the kids played great and I am so proud of both of the teams.

Now I am left with this feeling, unsure of what to do now. I know I have quite a bit to fill my schedule but without football to run me ragged, what will I do. I am all of a sudden filled with a sense that my schedule has just been opened up significantly. Then I realize, nope, I just won't have as many scheduling conflicts to work out.

Yep, that's my life in a nutshell, scheduling conflicts or not, I love it!

No comments: