.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

In doing research for the kids school I found that the original Thanksgiving wasn't thanksgiving at all. That's the name we gave the holiday. The pilgrims actually would have referred to it as a Feast because a Thanksgiving was a religious day for them in which they would fast and pray and give thanks to God for the blessings in their life.

Today, asking people to fast and pray on Thanksgiving probably is not an option. But we should at least keep the tradition of thanking God for our blessings. The Bible is full of references of people giving thanks to God. We praise Him with thanksgiving.

As I make my food preparations for tomorrow I wanted to take a moment to just thank God for my blessings.
First of which obviously would be my family. I have a wonderful husband and kids. I am so thankful for my church family and all of my wonderful friends both near and far. I'm thankful for friends that I've recently found after a long absence. I'm thankful for the town i live in, the fact that I have a home and may food preparations instead of not having enough. I am thankful for so many other things, it would be impossible to list them all.

What are you thankful for? Happy Thanksgiving!

"...whatever you do for the least of these you do for me..."

No comments: