.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 18

Revelation 1:17-18 "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.8I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades"

Tonight I spent the evening with a fantastic group of women. I spent the evening at church in a support group for survivors of sexual abuse. I love this group! It is amazing to see women who begin this group, some have low self esteem, some have walls built up so high and think they're "fine" and some are just shattered. When I first started, I was the the one with the walls. But by the end of the 13 week session, the women are transformed. They are more aware of how valuable they are, walls have come tumbling down, and those who were once shattered have been restored and they have such freedom. At the end of my first Shelter group, I felt that restoration and freedom and it was amazing!

Christ died for our sins but He is also a God of restoration and healing. And when I read Revelation 1:17-18 I think of this group and these women who are just starting on the healing process. Jesus holds the keys of death and hell that was once your former life. He was already victorious! He has fought the battle and won! He won it for you! You can overcome this because He has already overcome this world! You are a beautiful child of God. The situation that left you dead and shattered has already been overcome. And He will walk beside you as you walk the path to healing and restoration.

No comments: