.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thoughts for Day 17

Short and sweet for today because I'm oh so tired and ready for bed.
Read in John 17 today and I loved verse 12. "while I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

I love that no matter how many times we read a passage in the Bible, God can always show us something new about it. Today, I am struck by His statement that while he was with the disciples he protected them and kept them safe by the name He was given. I like this for 2 reasons

First, I love to think of the power of his name. "Be strong in the Lord and His mighty power". His name is powerful! I don't think we can really grasp exactly how powerful that is. It can do the impossible!

The other reason I love that verse is that I love to think of Jesus with His disciples. I love to think of Jesus with me. I realize that He was physically with the disciples, but we need to understand that He truly is with us, and he is protecting us so that none will be lost.

I am so thankful for His care and attention! He truly is amazing!

No comments: