.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Are we done yet?

I am of the opinion that as we continue to live this life that God has give us that we are never done growing. We may grow older and we may mature in many ways but we're never quite done until the Lord calls us home. Why? Because we are sinful people in a sinful world. Unfortunately, that tree of the knowledge of good and evil shared evil with this world. And that evil effects our lives in permanent ways.

So in an effort to continue growing, I have to allow God to reach into the dark recesses of my heart and re-open the wounds that have scarred and changed me. Things that God never intended for us to see or experience, scar us and leave us with guilt, shame and contempt.

I am starting a new book called The Wounded Heart. That's my next step in allowing God to go into those dark places and shed His light. Because lasting change won't happen if I pretend that these things didn't effect me, if I ignore them, and if I pretend that things are fine. Lasting change takes place when I face my fears, my past, my problems and my sin head on and allow God to heal them. It's not easy and my flesh screams out in reluctance. But I press on toward my goal of growing more like Christ every day.

I'm so thankful that through the pain, tears, joy and laughter that I call my past, God never left me. And I'm thankful that He never will. I'm thankful that He never gave up on me and I'm thankful He never gives up you.

No comments: