.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trust

This week our study is all about trust. For those of us who have been abused in one way or another, it is very normal to have trust issues. Some trust too easily and some don't trust at all. At any rate, our boundaries are broken.

I have done this study before, but as I worked through it this time, I realized that my boundaries with people weren't only broken but my boundaries with God were broken. I didn't trust Him. I trusted Him with my salvation and with my prayers for other people. I hoped in Him, but I didn't trust Him...not completely. I have made great strides with this over the past year especially and I trust Him so very much. In my imperfection, I'm sure my trust in Him isn't perfect, but it's getting closer and closer every day.

But for so long, I put walls up around my heart so that no one could hurt me. I lived in bondage. And unfortunately, when you have walls around your heart to keep people out, you're really keeping God out as well. We try to control our life, our emotions, our surroundings and the people close to us in an effort to feel secure. When in reality, great freedom comes when we let go of that "control" we think we have and allow God to heal our hearts and trust Him to take care of us. Satan lives to deceive us about God's true nature and encourages us to mistrust Him.

Yes, bad things will still happen but they will happen with God right beside us, sometimes weeping with us, and protecting us. I know that in the midst of the storm it's difficult to imagine that God is really protecting you but I assure you He is. He is protecting in ways you can't see or imagine. And what is going on around WILL be used for the glory of His kingdom. When I was in the middle of my abuse, my thought that God had forgotten about me and probably the world as well. I couldn't imagine how such things could be used for His glory, how any good could come of it.

But today, I work at my church, and I am surrounded by amazing people. I have the privilege of being able to show people the miracles and grace that the Lord desires to lavish upon us. If only we would trust Him enough to let Him into our hearts completely, surrender our fears to Him.

Trust God completely with not only your salvation, but your heart, your emotions, your finances, your schedule, your relationships, your worries and fears, your everything. Let go and Let God. He is faithful and He is trustworthy.

No comments: